Thursday, October 1, 2009

Let Me Eat Cake

Hey y'all, sorry it's been awhile! Hope you're doing well, I'm still having a lovely time here. We learned there was a castle nearby and biked out to find it last Sunday. Menlo Castle used to be owned by a super wealthy (duh) family, but it burned down in 1910 and hasn't been looked after or restored since. It's right next to the Corrib River and is now supporting a healthy amount of greenery:




There were some cows nearby, it's cute when they're lying down...


Saturday we went in search of the International Oyster Festival, but it turns out it's only for very fancily dressed people who purchased expensive tickets beforehand, so that was a bust. However, wandering around the city we found a full scale replica of the HMS Bounty, as in Mutiny on the HMS Bounty (the original burned down). This was one they built for the 1962 movie, and nowadays a crew sails around and show people the boat, I guess.





On Thursday I went for a bike ride and found a nice spot with some ducks hanging out. I didn't have any bread though, so we didn't become friends. Yet.


The rocks by the river are strangely pock marked, like they were hit with lots of little meteors but I'm not sure why they're this way. Any ideas?


On Wednesdays I've been going to Archery Club, which is a lot of fun even if you're crap at hitting the target. There's also an Art Society that will having weekly drawing classes.

Friday my friend Sam and I were looking for a raincoat for me, being totally unsuccessful. But then I found 5 Euro on the ground and we used it to buy this beautiful cake! The frosting is amazing... I think I'll go back and ask for a recipe, I wish I could share it with you all, I guess you'll just have to imagine instead :)

2 comments:

  1. "free" cake looks delish! Take those ducks to Subway.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *splash splash*
    MOooOOOoooOo
    *splash splash*

    ReplyDelete